Reliance Jio Ltd. is one of India’s leading telecommunications companies. Furthermore, Jio is known for its revolutionary impact on the mobile and data services industry in the country. Established in 2016, Jio garnered a huge customer base. This is primarily due to the company’s highly affordable plans, providing high-speed data alongside a wide range of other services. Furthermore, Jio has heavily invested in building a strong network infrastructure, making it very reliable and accessible to the general public. With services like voice calls, data, and entertainment, the company has become a staple for the digital needs of many households. In this article, you can learn how to activate your Jio sim.
How to Activate Jio Sim through Tele-Verification?
Jio has made it a priority to simplify the activation of their SIM cards through tele-verification, making the process quick and accessible. Learning how to activate your Jio SIM through tele-verification will prove to be the most convenient and hassle-free process. You must keep the required documents ready, generally an Aadhar card or any other government-issued ID. Subsequently, once you complete the verification process using the Jio activation number, it is important to perform a Jio sim activation status check to ensure that your sim is working smoothly.
Follow these steps to learn how to activate using tele-verification:
- Insert your new SIM into your smartphone.
- Use that phone and dial 1977, the Jio sim activation number.
- You must have received a 5-digit PIN on the alternate number you have submitted. Call 1800-890-1977 to resend the PIN if you have not received it.
- Enter the 5-digit T-PIN you got in the SMS on your alternate number,
- On the other hand, you have to enter the last 4 digits of the submitted identity.
- You can also visit the nearest contact centre for manual verification if you require assistance.
- Your sim should be activated within 4-5 hours of completing this process.
If your SIM remains inactive even after a full day, you should reach out to Jio customer support at 1800 88 99999. It’s vital to keep in mind the importance of completing the tele-verification process within 30 days of getting the new SIM to prevent the cancellation of your SIM order.
How to Activate Jio Data Services?
The process for activating your Jio sim only for data usage is very straightforward. You do not need any specific documents to complete the verification process for data usage only. Once you learn how to activate a Jio SIM, you will gain access to high-speed internet. You can browse the web, stream videos, engage on social media, and enjoy many other online activities. Once you complete the verification using the Jio activation number, you must also perform a Jio sim activation status check to ensure that it is working smoothly.
Follow these steps to know how to activate Jio SIM (Data Only):
- To activate the data services on your Jio sim, dial 1800-890-1977 from any number.
- Follow the instructions.
- Submit the Jio number you need data services on.
- After you complete this process, data services will be activated on your Jio sim.
How to Activate Jio SIM which is Deactivated?
If you are in a situation where your Jio SIM is deactivated, and you need to know how to activate Jio SIM which is deactivated, keep reading further. Reactivating a Jio SIM is a fairly easy process. You can understand how to activate Jio SIM after long time by simply following these steps:
- Verify if it has been deactivated for 15 days or more.
- You should contact Jio customer care at 1800 88 99999 and request for reactivation if your SIM has been deactivated for less than 15 days.
- You should go to the nearest Jio contact centre and resubmit all your documents to initiate the reactivation process if it has been more than 15 days since the deactivation.
What are the documents required to get a new Jio Sim?
Proof of Identity (POI) & Proof of Address (POA) which can be anything from an Aadhaar card, voter ID card, passport, or driving license.
Jio has made activating a new SIM a very simple and user-friendly process. It gives you access to a huge range of services and high-speed data. Whether you need to activate a regular sim, a sim only for data, or even a deactivated sim, the steps mentioned in this article will be of great help in learning how to activate new Jio sim. The ease of activation ensures that you can join the Jio network without any problems or delays and start enjoying the benefits. With Jio’s widespread coverage and innovative offers, it has had a huge impact on the digital industry in the country.
FAQs of Jio Sim
Q1. How do you check if Jio SIM is active or not?
Ans. Once you have verified your sim, perform a Jio sim activation status check. If your phone shows network bars and 4G connectivity, your sim is active. In case your sim is not active even after a day of verification, you can call the toll-free customer care number 1800 88 99999 and get assistance.
Q2. Does Jio SIM get deactivated if I don’t recharge?
Ans. Yes, your SIM will be deactivated if there is no activity or recharge for a span of 90 days. Nevertheless, you can reactivate it personally by recharging it within a 15-day timeframe from the SIM’s deactivation. On the other hand, if it has been longer than 15 days of deactivation, visit the nearest Jio center and re-submit your documents to re-activate it. Contact Jio customer care for more information on how to activate Jio SIM which is deactivated.
Q3. What are the rules for Jio SIM activation?
Ans. The rules for how to activate new Jio sim are very simple. Follow these steps before conducting a Jio sim activation status check:
- Dial 1977 from the phone with the Jio sim.
- Submit the last 4 digits of the submitted identity.
- In a few hours, your sim will be activated.
If you find this article (How to Activate Jio Sim Step By Step Guide!) helpful, share your reviews with us in the below comments.