Yes you heard that right. Nokia is coming back to Mobile business and including Tablets. Nokia will be returning to smartphone world after almost 2 and half years following the sale of Nokia business to Microsoft.
All Important Points are mentioned below –
- Nokia sold their smartphone business to Microsoft and Microsoft failed to achieve success.
- Nokia will license its brand to a newly formed company named as HMD Global.
- The most important part is that Nokia smartphones and tablets (Like Nokia N1) will run Android OS.
- HMD will produce and sell ‘Nokia’ branded phones globally.
- HMD is Finland based company with head Arto Nummela.
- There is one more player in this deal ‘FIH mobile’, Microsoft sold their feature phone business to this company.
- HMD and FIH have an agreement of selling Nokia branded phones.
- Hence, Nokia will decide the design and required the features and the smartphone will be manufactured by Foxconn.
What Nokia’s Official website says –
“We will be completely focused on creating a unified range of Nokia-branded mobile phones and tablets, which we know will resonate with consumers. Branding has become a critical differentiator in mobile phones, which is why our business model is centered on the unique asset of the Nokia brand and our extensive experience in sales and marketing. We will work with world class providers in manufacturing and distribution to move quickly and deliver what customers want” said Arto Nummela, CEO-designate of HMD.
“Today marks the beginning of an exciting new chapter for the Nokia brand in an industry where Nokia remains a truly iconic name. Instead of Nokia returning to manufacturing mobile phones itself, HMD plans to produce mobile phones and tablets that can leverage and grow the value of the Nokia brand in global markets. ” said Ramzi Haidamus, president of Nokia Technologies.
“Working with HMD and FIH will let us participate in one of the largest consumer electronics markets in the world while staying true to our licensing business model.” Haidamus added.
The consumers who were waiting to see an Android smartphone with Nokia brand name is coming soon. So, never lose the hope. Nokia is coming back to Conquer the smartphone market.