Mobile Number Portability(MNP) is a great service that helps you to change your operator without changing your mobile number. If you are having any problem with your current operator, then you can port your mobile number into another operator. In this post we are going to share “how to port sim” – Airtel to Jio, Vodafone to Jio and other operators. You will get all the information, step-by-step which is required to port your mobile number. Before changing your mobile operator you must have to know a few things about it. So read this post very carefully to port sim from Idea to Airtel, Jio, etc.
Port Sim – Documents required for MNP
- CAF (Customer Agreement Form)
- Address proof copy
- Identity proof (Aadhaar Card, PAN Card, Passport, Voter ID, etc.)
- Last paid bill copy if you are a postpaid customer
Criteria for Mobile Number Portability
- You must have to use current operator at least for 90 days before porting
- Clear all dues before porting
- Also, you can withdraw MNP request within 24 hours
- If you are a prepaid user, then the balance amount will be collapsed
- You don’t need to pay any charges to the operator which you are leaving
‣Facing low internet speed? Trick to increase Idea 4G net speed
How to port sim – Airtel to Jio
You need to follow the few simple steps to port your mobile number online. Let’s have a look at the following procedure:
- Firstly, you need to decide on which operator you need to switch
- Then, send this text message – PORT “Your mobile number” and send it to – 1900
Example: Send ‘PORT 9784XXXX99’ to 1900
- After that, you will receive a message with a port code. Make sure to use the received code within 15 days
- Now you need to visit the nearest operator store to port your sim
- They will provide you CAF, which you need to fill it to port your mobile number from Airtel to Jio or into another operator
- Also, you need to submit the documents mentioned in the above section.
- After completing all the document work, the retailer will provide you new SIM card of the desired operator.
- Your new operator SIM will be activated within one week.
- This is all how to port your mobile number!!!!!
How to port mobile number – Vodafone to Jio
If you want to port Vodafone sim to Jio, Airtel to Jio or any other operator, then you just need to follow the above-mentioned method. This is a very good facility provided by TRAI which helps you to easily port your mobile number into the desired operator. Note that you may have to up to Rs. 20 to the store person as porting charges.
I hope you will like this article (How to port Airtel sim to Jio) and if you love to read such type of article keep visiting our site. Also, share this post and bookmark our website. If you have any doubts or suggestion please post it in the comment section below.