Android 7.0 Nougat is now rolling out to the Nexus devices via OTA update. You will get this update soon if you own any of these following devices: Nexus 6P, Nexus 5X, Nexus 6, General Mobile 4G, Nexus Player, Nexus 9, or Pixel C. The simple way to get this update is just to wait for it to show up on your mobile, or check for OTA update manually. If you really can’t way here is how to get android 7.0 Nougat update, by manually downloading and installing.
How to get Android 7.0 Nougat via Updtae OTA download:
Over-the-air (OTA) updates are easiest way to download the Android 7.0 Nougat. Follow these simple steps to check whether if you’ve received the update or not.
- Open Settings > About > System updates.
- Then Tap Check for updates.
If you found the updates there, you can simply download and install Android Nougat on your Nexus mobile. If it hasn’t showed up yet, you should ideally wait until it show up. If you don’t want to wait, then here is the How to get android 7.0 Nougat Update, with two possible solutions.
How to get Android 7.0 Nougat update via Android Beta Program:
If the OTA update hasn’t showed up yet, you can try by installing the Android 7.0 Nougat via beta program. This release build is available only for some devices they are the Nexus 6P, Nexus 5X, Nexus 9 (Wi-Fi), and Pixel C via this method.
I strongly recommend that you should back up your Android mobile before attempting this method. For mobiles that don’t have release build, this method will only install a preview version and you will loose data, apps so try at your own risk.
- First Visit g.co/androidbeta on your Laptop or mobile browser.
- Then Sign into your Google account which is associated with your Nexus device.
- Scroll down and click Enrol Device. Once you are enrolled, then go to Settings > About > System updates.
- Here you’ll see the details about update including a build name in second line. This will appears in brackets after Android N.
- This release build name is NRD90M for devices like Nexus 6P, Nexus 5X, Pixel C, and Nexus 9 (Wi-Fi). If the build name on your mobile starts with NP, it is the preview build, and I suggest you not to install it.
- To remove your mobile from the beta program, visit http://g.co/androidbeta and sign in and tap Unenrol Device/Mobile. If you have updated to the release build of Android 7.0 Nougat, un enrolling your mobile will not remove this update.
How to get Android 7.0 Nougat Update Manual Download and Install:
The beta program is simplest way for getting Android Nougat right now, but if you don’t want to go for that with some reason, you can try another method. Make sure to take the full backup of all your data and continue at your own risk, if you must:
- Install latest Android Debug Bridge (ADB) tool on your Desktop.
- This will installs the ADB program, this can be accessed through command terminal on your PC.
- Now Add the folder where you have installed the ADB to PATH by following these steps: First Right click on My Computer and then click on Properties after that Click on Advanced System Settings.
- You can Click on System Properties > Advanced > Environment Variables. In this window, select Path, click on Edit, and then type in the name of the directory where you installed the SDK, and just remember that each entry is separated by semi-colon.
- Enable USB debugging on your mobile. First, go to Settings > About Phone > Software information. Tap Build number times.
- Go to Settings > Developer options. Tick USB debugging. Download the correct OTA binary for your device:
Nexus 9 (Wi-Fi)
Links for other devices were not available at the time of writing; we will update the post as and when more links become available.
- Connect your mobile to your computer via over USB, and make sure the USB debugging is enabled just as described above.
- Via ADB tool, go to command terminal and then execute the following: adb reboot recovery. Your mobile is now in recovery mode, and users will see an Android logo with a red exclamation on their display.
- Hold the power button and press the volume up key once, and you will be shown a menu. Within the menu, select Apply update from ADB. Remember, volume keys help you navigate up and down, while the power button makes a selection.
- Run following command on ADB tool via your PC: adb sideload (ota file.zip). Do replace ‘ota file.zip’ in command with the actual name of OTA file which you have downloaded.
- Once update finishes installing, then users should choose the option Reboot system now.