Flipkart is preparing to give tough competition to the JioMart. According to the Flipkart Group, they are entering in the Indian wholesale ecosystem like the JioMart. Even, on 23rd July 2020, they have acquired a 100% stake in Walmart India. With the Flipkart Wholesale launch, we will see improvements and growth in the wholesale ecosystem. Further, this wholesale business of Flipkart will surely be going to shock the Reliance Jio and Amazon. Let’s see what steps will be taken up by other competitors after this launch.
What is Flipkart Wholesale?
It’s an exclusive B2B (business-to-business) marketplace where MSMEs and Kirana stores get an opportunity to grow their business with Flipkart. They will pilot grocery and fashion categories and after that, they will expand their services. Currently, Walmart operates 28 Best Price cash and carry wholesale stores with two fulfillment centers based in Lucknow and Hyderabad.
ALSO SEE | How to register on JioMart as a distributor?
Flipkart Wholesale launch date
In addition, Flipkart Group is all set to launch its wholesale market in August 2020 and it will first pilot the services for grocery and fashion products only. Additionally, when we talk about the operations, it will be managed by the Adarsh Menon (Veteran at Flipkart) and Sameer Aggarwal (CEO at Walmart India.
Important things you should know about Walmart and Flipkart new business platform
- It will operate on the best price cash-and-carry business.
- We can see the growth of ‘Kirana Stores’ and MSMEs (Micro, Small, and Medium Enterprises).
- Popular brands, sellers, and lock manufacturers have partnered with Flipkart to offer a wide range of products at the best price.
- Flipkart will use its logistical network to offer effective and on-time delivery.
- Existing Walmart India employees will continue to join the Flipkart Group.
- Consumers will get products at the best prices.
- As per ANI, Flipkart already has a database of 20 crore registered customers where they are offering 15+ crore products.
- Flipkart is planning to make a strong bond with offline retailers through this wholesale ecosystem.
Above all, we can say that this step of Flipkart will bring so many benefits for all the customers as well as for offline and online retailers.
ALSO SEE | How to order groceries online using JioMart?
If you like this article then, please share your reviews with us and if you have any suggestions then also please share it with us in the below comments.
Connect with us on Facebook and Twitter. Thanks a lot for reading this article. Join our Telegram Channel or you can download Flipshope extension for the latest tricks and offers. For any queries please Whatsapp us on 9999488008.