Ringing Bells has introduced the world’s cheapest smartphone, Freedom 251 for Rs.251 on Wednesday as a compliance of the Make in India project. The mobile has received a huge response from the people all over the world. However, many people are bewildered about placing an order for the mobile.
Specifications of Freedom 251
Battery capacity (mAh) : 1450
Screen size (inches) : 4.00
Touchscreen : Yes
Resolution : 540×960 pixels
Processor : 1.3GHz quad-core
RAM : 1GB
Internal storage : 8GB
Expandable storage : microSD up to 32 GB
Rear camera : 3.2-megapixel
Front camera : 0.3-megapixel
Operating System : Android 5.1
Wi-Fi : Yes
GPS : No
Bluetooth : Yes
GSM/ CDMA : GSM
3G : Yes
4G/ LTE : No
Positive points about Freedom 251
- Ringing Bells released the cheapest smartphone on Wednesday officially before the sale.
- They also showed a demo version of the mobile. Ringing Bells said its phones will have apps that help farmers check soil conditions and fishermen get weather reports and women safety apps.
- There is complete proof about the specifications of the mobile in the form of images.
- The cheapest smartphone has caught the eyes of every Indian media.
- The mobile could be ordered in the official website of Freedom 251 www.freedom251.com. It has been stated that 6 lakhs mobiles were ordered in a span of 3seconds.
Negative points about Freedom 251
- Ringing Bells is an unfamiliar brand with no track record in electronics, so it’s difficult to find out at this point what the quality of the final product and the after-sales will be like.
- The company has declared that the mobile would be available to the customers only after 4 months of ordering.
- The company’s server crashed due to the exceptional demand on Thursday and hence many users faced problem in ordering the mobile.
- There is no witness for the Buy Now option in the website. So people assume that the sale is fake.
- Freedom 251 was introduced as a project of Make in India initiative. But there was no such information from the government during its release.