Technology improved a lot in these days, people who were born in 1990’s those are the ones who grown with technology. The first mobile which came out can only be used for talking, then they introduced some features like calculator, clock and alarm. After some time mobiles used to come with camera and internet access, they further upgraded with an internet access. In old times people used to divide mobiles in that basis and now we are judging them based on their generation. So here we are providing Major differences and Full comparison of 1G vs 2G vs 3G vs 4G vs 5G.
So before going into the 1G vs 2G vs 3G vs 4G vs 5G comparison let us show how they evolved and what are their drawbacks ? and why they further upgraded into next generation ? We will answer each and every question with the proper details and images. Let us start with 1G
1G Wireless Technology:
- Using Analog signals
- Listen to handset
- It’s Speed was upto 2.4kbps.
- Frequency typically 150MHz & above 1G Wireless Technology
Drawbacks Of 1G
- Poor battery
- Poor voice quality
- Large in size
- No security
- Frequency call drop
2G Wireless Technology
- It enables services such as picture messages, text messages and MMS
- 2G data speed was up to 64kbps
- It provides better quality and capacity .
Drawbacks Of 2G
- Weaker digital signal
- These systems didn’t handles the complex data like videos.
- Reduce range of sound
2.5 G Wireless Technology
- It is a technology generated between the 2G and 3G generation of mobile telephony.
- It is sometimes described as a 2G Cellular Technology which is combined with GPRS.
Features Includes in 2.5 G:
- Phone Calls
- Send/Receive E-mail Messages
- Web Browsing
- Speed : 64-144 kbps
- Camera Phones
3G Wireless Technology
- Data Transmission speed which is increased from 144kbps- 2Mbps.
- Providing the Faster Communication at that time.
- You can Send/Receive Large Email Messages
- High Speed Web / More Security
- Video Conferencing / 3D Gaming
- TV Streaming/ Mobile TV/ Phone Calls
Drawbacks Of 3G
- High Bandwidth Requirement
- Expensive 3G Phones.
- Large Cell Phones
4G Wireless Technology:
- Capable of providing 100Mbps to 1Gbps internet speed.
- More Security
- High Speed and High Capacity
- Low Cost Per-bit
Drawbacks Of 4G
- Battery uses is more
- Hard to implement and Need complicated hardware
- Expensive equipment is required to implement the next generation network.
5G Wireless Technology
- In 5G we will use router or switch which can provide high connectivity with the wireless device.
- It is approximately 10 times more faster than 4G.
- It has a expected speed of minimum of 1gbps.
- Lower cost expected than the previous version.
- Downloading and Uploading speed of 5G may touch the peak of 1GB
- Better and fast solution
- Large Phone Memory and Dialing Speed with clarity in Audio/Video.
- 5G technology is expecting to give tough competition to the present Computers and Laptops.
1G vs 2G vs 3G vs 4G vs 5G Full Comparison: